Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Light My Fire

So a quick New Year’s Eve post. As we sit in the lower living room (a room we use very little) in front of the fire place enjoying our oysters, shrimp, and fondue it occurred to me that I had not lit the candles. I was temporarily distracted by what appears to be “High School Musical” -- in French -- on one station, and on the other station we manage to get, from what we can gather, a celebrity/New Year’s Eve/costume party/bloopers countdown (HIGHLY entertaining). I grabbed the box of matches from on top of the fireplace and proceeded to pull one out to light the candles. But what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a previously burnt match, and many more were here. Seriously, who thinks this is a good idea? Are already-burned matches really worth the risk of putting back in the box to re-use? Really?

That’s all I got.

Happy New Year to all and we miss you very much. Enjoy ringing in the New Year – don’t bother calling us as it will be 6 a.m. for us and we’ll be hoping our kids stay sleeping (we’ve managed to get them accustomed to the laid back French life style of sleeping till 7:30, 8:20 today!)

No comments: