Thursday, March 4, 2010

Homeward Bound

As I sit at my desk and juggle documents, emails, and (worse) a schedule packed with hockey class, ballet lessons, and sundry other of life’s mundane everyday treasures, it occurs to me that, indeed, this weekend will mark the one year anniversary of our return from France. My immediate thought is “a perfect excuse to uncork one of the bottles of wine we brought back and pair it with a full-on gourmet French meal!” Quickly, though, a nagging, nervous, “haven’t done your homework” feeling swept into the pit of my stomach. As the adrenaline sat bitter on my tongue, I knew what had to be done.

THE BLOG MUST BE COMPLETED!

It’s with great shame that I acknowledge that we never finished the story of our return trip, not to mention having neglected this space since September. I’m sure that you, loyal readers, assumed that everything went so perfectly smooth that there really was nothing to tell. No comic asides or outrageous anecdotes to recount. No ridiculous situations in which we found ourselves through a combination of fate, foolishness, and naiveté. But I jest, bien sûr. You’ve been reading along with us long enough to know that there was no way we were going to pull this off without more absurd episodes, missteps, misfortunes, and of course beautiful misery.

So it is with this teaser that I commit to complete our story and present it here over the weekend, in marking one year since our return. Whether this will re-invigorate regular contributions to our poor, neglected blog, I can’t promise, though I do hope we can get back to making quasi-regular entries. And if you want to see that happen, feel free to nag us about it… peer pressure certainly helps!


Until the story continues…

No comments: