Friday, August 22, 2008

Wait a Minute Mr. Postman...

Because many have asked, our mailing address over here is:

DAVIS
c/ RIESEN
Mas de Campagnac
30190 Sainte Anastasie
France

US Postal Service seems to be the best way to get anything over here. Packages take about a week to arrive. FedEx gave up earlier this week and called to ask me to drive to the nearest village to meet them. Sadly, on my third day in the country, I knew the immediate area better than the FedEx guy. When I met him, he was wearing a Yankees t-shirt, so that probably explains it.

5 comments:

cheryl said...

Hi Guys,
It looks like the two of you have the same sense of humor! Which might come in handy : )
It looks beautiful there. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Cheryl

Jill said...

Awesome first pics...Mara asks about Ellie EVERYDAY. Can't wait to see/read more about your first week. L, Jill

Diane said...

I am so glad you guys set this up already! I am so bummed I missed your call. Love the pics......Ellie looks like she loves it there. What a beautiful view. Isabella is always asking me what time is it in France?
Love,
Diane

Anne Marie Hile said...

Glad you made it safely! Love that you are joining the blogging world! Can't wait for more updates, keep 'em coming!
AM

Ps: Dave says hello...bonjour, he can't see the blog from where he is but will really soon! Hugs to all!

(Sorry for deleting the earlier post, it had a major typo and I couldn't just leave it alone....)

Maureen Austin said...

Thanks for the tip on the FedEx and using the Post Office. How in the world did the FedEx guy get lost in his own country? then made you MEET him! Tell Ellie to be on the lookout for a package from Caroline in the next two weeks.
Love, The Austins