Monday, September 1, 2008

Red Red Wine









I'd like to introduce you to my new friend. My new friend is... how can I say... a bit "stocky." She's almost as wide as she is tall. She's very pale, slightly translucent. She has a red cap and a handle on her top. She holds five liters, she only cost me 1 Euro fifty, and I can fill her up any time I like for a mere five Euro (about 7 dollars and 45 cents). Yes, she is a wine jug but she prefers to be called a vessel du vin. There is a winery 3 quarters of a mile down the road where a very nice French lady will fill 'er up with a gas pump with either red, white, or (of course, it is Provence after all...) Rosé. I may actually never leave this place.

2 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ok, that lovely french gal and her wine pump need to get on a plane to the states, ASAP!! =)

ald said...

I'm just glad he wasn't talking about me!