Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

What have I become?

I have become someone who will turn my nose up to a day old baguette.  

I have become someone who expects to get a GOOD, not just a decent, bottle of wine for less than four dollars.

I have become someone who drinks wine out of a box, "Vin en Vrac," and gets that bag refilled (they can do that!)

I have become someone who expects a high caliber meal every time I eat, even just a snack.

I have become someone who sets my alarm at ungodly hours to watch live sporting events.

In the "embarrassed to admit" category -- 

I have become someone who washes, saves, and re-uses ziplock bags (with no diaper pail - Cole's stinky diapers have to go somewhere).

I have become a "Cherrios pusher."  When the kids have Cherrios for breakfast I spoon feed each of them until their bowls are empty because I just can't bear to waste such an expensive commodity (thanks again, Maureen). 

I have become someone who, given the price of cold milk, has contemplated giving my kids sketchy, unrefridgerated, European milk from a box.

I have become someone who watches US television on a tiny screen on the computer (can't miss the Sox, the debates, The Office, Earl, and Survivor.)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

do they have sketchy unrefridgerated eggs, too?

Anne Marie Hile said...

I think you are clearly an American, adjusting to life in France. But, for goodness sakes, do NOT "push" those Cheerios with milk from a box!! That just sounds scary to me! =)

ald said...

Yes about the sketchy unrefridgerated eggs!!!!!!! Sadly, I have had to buy them and we have eaten them and no one has died. But way weird.