Sunday, October 12, 2008

Running Down a Dream

OK a quick post for me, only me (few and far between). Some of you may know that I have been pretty much unable to run since the last Marathon (April 2008). A random injury has plagued me and I have run maybe 10 times in 5 1/2 months. So the news of today is that after 5 1/2 months of Physical Therapy, medications and pain, I went for my first run in FRANCE. My run started out on the main road (YIKES - no shoulder, felt a car WAY TOO CLOSE) and then on a dirt road that winds in between vineyards. Good thing I got this "vineyard" run in today as "Shooting Season in the Vines" starts Monday. Gotta find a new route!

1 comment:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Congrats on your return to the running world! You and Dave REALLY need to chat, he is obsessed with running!! Great for him, shameful for me for not being able to keep up! Yikes for "shooting season", that sounds pretty scary!